Adam GREY, Michelin-starred chef of London has created some recipes in agreement with Domaine Montrose, Rosé.
Pan Fried Red Mullet With Baby Spinach Salad and Crushed Caesar New Potatoes
4 x Large red mullet fillets – pin boned and de scaled
200g Baby spinach
500g New potatoes – cooked
1 Bottle Caesar dressing
100 Ml Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil
1 Bunch of spring onions – finely sliced
Maldon sea salt
Ground white pepper
50g Unsalted butter – room temperature
- Season the mullet fillets and lightly flour the skin side. Then brush with fillets with the soft butter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan to medium heat and add a little of the rapeseed oil.
- Put the red mullet fillets in the frying pan skin side down and press down gently with the back of your hand or a fish spatula.
- Put the new potatoes back into hot water for 2 minutes and then drain into a colander.
- Put the drained new potatoes into a medium sized sauce pan and crush the potatoes with a fork.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Caesar dressing and the sliced spring onions to the crushed potatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, dress the baby spinach leaves with some of the rapeseed oil.
- When the red mullet is cooked, season with a little lemon juice and Maldon sea salt.
- Remove the red mullet from the frying pan onto a tray.
To Serve :
- Put a medium size ring in the middle of the serving bowl, then spoon in the crushed new potatoes.
- Remove the ring and place the dressed baby spinach leaves on top.
- Gently place the pan fried red mullet fillet on top and drizzle some of the remaining rapeseed oil around the bowl.
Share the post "Pan Fried Red Mullet With Baby Spinach Salad and Crushed Caesar New Potatoes"