Adam GREY, Michelin-starred chef of London has created some recipes in agreement with Domaine Montrose, Rosé.
Hand Dived Scallops and Roasted Cobnut Salad, Maple Syrup Dressing
Ingredients (serves four) :
12 Hand dived Scallops
20 Cobnuts – peeled
Selection of seasonal salad leaves and micro herbs
100Ml Farrington’s Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil (colza oil)
6 Ratte potatoes
500Ml Duck fat
Maple Syrup Dressing
200Ml Farrington’s Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil (colza oil)
100Ml Maple syrup
25Ml Sherry vinegar
Ground white pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Place in a suitable airtight container.
- The dressing will last for months if kept in the fridge.
- Mix thoroughly before using with a whisk.
To Cook The Potatoes :
- Slice the Ratte potatoes in to 1 cm slices and place in a shallow tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Cover the potatoes with the warm duck fat and foil the tray.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 100c and cook until just tender. (40-50 mins)
- Leave in the duck fat until needed.
- Heat a thick-bottomed frying pan to a high heat and add the rapeseed oil.
- Add the scallops to the pan, presentation side down and fry until an even golden colour is achieved on one side.
- Turn the scallops over and continue to fry on the other side until the same golden brown colour is also achieved.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and a little lemon juice, then place on a tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Add the cooked, sliced potatoes to the same pan and return to the heat and gently colour.
- Place the peeled cobnuts on a tray and place in a hot oven and toast until lightly golden.
- Place the three slices of potato on each serving plate and place a pan-fried scallop on each one.
- Scatter the toasted cobnuts over the plate.
- Dress the salad leaves in a little of the maple syrup dressing and arrange around the scallops and potatoes.
- Drizzle a little more of the maple syrup dressing over the scallops and cobnuts too and serve at once.
Share the post "Hand Dived Scallops and Roasted Cobnut Salad, Maple Syrup Dressing"